The Mailing People care about your privacy. We protect and respect it, ensuring that any processing of your data is secure, only used for the stated purpose and handled in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR – 2016/679).
Who we are
The Mailing People is owned by Bishops Printers Ltd and provides a full range of mailing house services, including print, fulfilment, data cleansing and postage solutions.
Bishops Printers T/A The Mailing People acts as the data controller of personal data you provide to us on an individual basis, or that we collect from the public domain (e.g. a website or public register). We act as a data processor on behalf of our customers to fulfil our contractual obligations.
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via this website for the purposes of:
- Providing and personalising our services
- Dealing with your enquiries, requests and orders
- Providing you with information about our print and mailing services
- For sending out industry news related to collateral design, print and mailing
- Carrying out market research campaigns to enhance the products and services we offer
When contacting you for the above purposes we may do so by phone, post, or email unless you tell us otherwise. You may opt-in and opt-out from receiving promotional information about The Mailing People at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only collect personal information that is relevant for our stated purposes. Information about you, such as your name, your business telephone number, email and postal address, that is in the public domain (for example, on a website or public register). If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We collect information from visitors to this website through the use of online forms, email hyperlinks and every time we are emailed through the website. We collect additional information automatically about your visit to our website. Please see our cookies policy for more details.
Legal basis to process your personal data
The GDPR allows personal data to be legally collected and used if it is necessary for a legitimate interest of the organisation, provided it is fair and balanced and does not unduly impact the rights of individuals. We have conducted a Legitimate Interests Assessment (LIA) and have concluded that our legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal data is justified by purpose, necessity and balance of interest.
Passing your information
Your personal data will never be passed on to any other party outside the Bishops Printers organisation, other than contracted partied acting directly upon our instructions, and in compliance with the GDPR.
As a Data Controller, we will only retain your personal data for as long as it is associated with a business in our database in relation to print or mailing interest. Thereafter, we will anonymise your data by removing any identifiable information or erase it. We verify our data periodically, typically every 12-18 months.
- You have the right to see a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do so, please make a request in writing to: The Mailing People, Eastern Point, Fitzherbert Road, Farlington, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 1RU.
- You may request us to rectify or block the process of your personal data if that personal data is no longer accurate.
- You have the right to be forgotten. At your request we will anonymise or erase your personal information, retaining sufficient information only for suppression purposes.
Should you wish to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK regarding our handling of your personal data, they can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
The Mailing People